Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available
This 18-hour Guardian Competent Person Training course is designed for those individuals who will or are currently fulfilling the role of a Competent Person in either a Construction (OSHA 1926) or General Industry (OSHA 1910) environment. This course will assist students in identifying fall hazards and utilizing best practices in the elimination of predictable and identifiable slip, trip, and fall hazards.
Throughout the course, students will be given written tests and practical application activities to ensure they fully understand and are able to demonstrate the skills taught. Students are required to have available a minimum of one fall protection lanyard and one full-body harness for the purposes of hands on training.
- OSHA, ANSI, Manufacturer, and all applicable regulations regarding the proper inspection, care, maintenance, storage and documentation of fall protection equipment.
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection.
- Passive vs. Active Fall Protection systems.
- Fall Restraint vs. Fall Arrest criteria.
- Fall clearance and swing fall calculations.
- Use of conventional and non-conventional Fall Protection Systems.
- Roles and responsibilities of Authorized Person and Competent Person.
- Hazard evaluation, identification, and elimination.
- Requirements of rescue.
- Proper donning of Fall Protection equipment.
- Construct and evaluate Fall Protection Hazard Assessments (AHA).
- Equipment selection, evaluation, and use.
- Selection and use of certified and non-certified anchors.
- Fall Protection for aerial lifts and ladders.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate at a competent level:
- Understanding of the applicable OSHA Fall Protection regulations.
- Proper inspection and documentation of Fall Protection equipment.
- Knowledge necessary to fill the role of Competent Person in Fall Protection.
- Understanding of the proper procedures and tools required for Fall Restraint and Fall Arrest.
- Proper anchor selection.
- The ability to create a safe “at heights” work environment and protect workers.
- And much more…
Participants will receive:
- Competent Person wall certificate, photo wallet card, and hard hat sticker.
- Extensive Fall Protection knowledge and understanding.
- Individual Fall Protection workbook and student materials.
- Direct support from the Guardian training team and Guardian.
To register online, choose an available date under "Upcoming Classes" on this page. You will be billed later, once your registration is confirmed.
After registering online you will be contacted directly by a Guardian representative to confirm your registration and provide additional course details.
To schedule a private class for your organization, or for any other training questions, contact our Training Department.