Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available.
This 24-hour HART Competent Person Training course is designed for those individuals who will be or are responsible for being a Competent Person, SSHO, or are involved with working at heights on an Army Corps of Engineers project or facility as prescribed by EM385-1-1..
This course will assist students in identifying fall hazards and best practices in identifying and eliminating predictable slip, trip, and fall hazards.
- ACE, ANSI, manufacturer, and all applicable regulations regarding the proper inspection, care, maintenance, storage and documentation of fall protection equipment.
- Hierarchy of fall protection.
- Passive vs. Active Fall Protection systems.
- Fall Restraint vs. Fall Arrest criteria.
- Fall clearance and swing fall calculations.
- Roles and responsibilities of end user and Competent Person.
- Hazard evaluation, identification, and elimination.
- Requirements of rescue.
- Proper donning of Fall Protection equipment.
- Construct and evaluate Fall Protection Hazard Assessments (AHA).
- Equipment selection and evaluation.
- Selection and use of certified and non-certified anchors.
- Fall Protection in regard to aerial lifts and ladders.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate a proficiency in:
- Understanding of the EM385 Fall Protection rules.
- Proper inspection and documentation of fall protection equipment.
- Knowledge necessary to fill the role of Competent Person in Fall Protection.
- Understanding of the proper procedures and tools required for Fall Restraint and Fall Arrest.
- Proper anchor selection.
- The ability to create a safe “at heights” work environment and protect workers.
Participants will receive:
- Competent Person wall certificate, photo wallet card, and hard hat sticker.
- Extensive Fall Protection knowledge and understanding.
- Individual Fall Protection workbook and student materials.
To register online, choose an available date under "Upcoming Courses" on this page.
You will be billed later, once your registration is confirmed.
To schedule a private class for your organization, or for any other training questions, contact our Training Department.