Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available.
This 40-hour HART Competent Person Train the Trainer course is designed for those individuals who will be responsible for training their organization’s Authorized and Competent Persons in either a Construction (OSHA 1926), General Industry (OSHA 1910), or Military (EM385) environment. The goal of this course is to provide the student with a high level of regulatory knowledge and skills to impart that knowledge on the students they will be teaching.
The course will include lecture, video, demonstration, and practical application exercises to solidify the knowledge of the student so they may become the teacher. Throughout the course, the student will be given the opportunity to prepare and conduct lessons, lead demonstrations, teach best practices and inspection, and build communication skills. Students will be introduced to many techniques effective in the adult learner environment to assist with establishing their specific curriculum.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI Z490.1) and the requirements of ANSI Z359 and ANSI A10.32.
- OSHA, ANSI, Manufacturer, and all applicable regulations regarding the proper inspection, care, maintenance, storage and documentation of fall protection equipment.
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection.
- Passive vs. Active Fall Protection systems
- Fall Restraint vs. Fall Arrest criteria.
- Fall clearance and swing fall calculations.
- Use of conventional and non-conventional Fall Protection Systems.
- Roles and responsibilities of Authorized Person and Competent Person.
- Hazard evaluation, identification, and elimination
- Requirements and understanding of rescue.
- Proper adornment of Fall Protection equipment.
- Construct and evaluate Fall Protection Hazard Assessments (AHA).
- Equipment selection, evaluation, and use.
- Selection and use of certified and non-certified anchors.
- Fall Protection for aerial lifts and ladders.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate at a competent level:
- Understanding of the applicable OSHA and other Fall Protection regulations and practices.
- Proper inspection and documentation of fall protection equipment.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to educate a Competent Person in Fall Protection.
- Understanding of the proper procedures and tools required for Fall Restraint and Fall Arrest.
- Instruct others on making proper anchor selection.
- Prepare and perform a curriculum and presentation.
- The ability to create a safe “at heights” work environment and protect workers.
- Much more…
Participants will receive:
- Competent Person Trainer wall certificate, photo wallet card, and hard hat sticker.
- Extensive Fall Protection Rescue knowledge and understanding.
- Individual Fall Protection workbook and student materials.
- Flash drive containing: basic curriculum presentations, safety videos, student presentation videos, associated training materials and aids.
- Direct support from the HART training team and PSG.
To register online, choose an available date under "Upcoming Courses" on this page.
You will be billed later, once your registration is confirmed.
To schedule a private class for your organization, or for any other training questions, contact our Training Department.