Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available.
This 8-hour HART Competent Person Refresher Training course is designed for those individuals who are currently responsible or assigned as a Competent Person in either a Construction (OSHA 1926) or General Industry (OSHA 1910) environment. This course is aimed at refreshing the knowledge of the Competent Person and adding new skills and knowledge to remain current and up to date with rapidly changing fall protection regulations, best practices, and equipment advances.
The course will include lecture, video, demonstration, and practical application exercises to refresh and expand the knowledge and understanding of the Fall Protection Competent Person.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI Z490.1), and the requirements of ANSI Z359 and ANSI A10.32.
- OSHA, ANSI, Manufacturer, and all applicable regulations regarding the proper inspection, care, maintenance, storage and documentation of Fall Protection equipment.
- Hierarchy of Fall Protection.
- Passive vs. Active Fall Protection systems.
- Fall Restraint vs. Fall Arrest criteria.
- Fall clearance and swing fall calculations.
- Use of conventional and non-conventional Fall Protection Systems.
- Roles and responsibilities of Authorized Person and Competent Person.
- Hazard evaluation, identification, and elimination.
- Requirements of rescue.
- Proper donning of Fall Protection equipment.
- Construct and evaluate Fall Protection Hazard Assessments (AHA).
- Equipment selection, evaluation, and use
- Selection and use of certified and non-certified anchors.
- Fall Protection for aerial lifts and ladders.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate at a competent level:
- Understanding of the applicable OSHA Fall Protection regulations.
- Proper inspection and documentation of Fall Protection equipment.
- Knowledge necessary to fill the role of Competent Person in Fall Protection.
- Understanding of the proper procedures and tools required for Fall Restraint and Fall Arrest.
- Proper anchor selection.
- The ability to create a safe “at heights” work environment and protect workers.
- Much more…
Participants will receive:
- Competent Person wall certificate, photo wallet card, and hard hat sticker.
- Extensive Fall Protection Rescue knowledge and understanding.
- Individual Fall Protection workbook and student materials.
- Direct support from the HART training team and PSG.
To register online, choose an available date under "Upcoming Classes" on this page.
You will be billed later, once your registration is confirmed.
To schedule a private class for your organization, or for any other training questions, contact our Training Department.