Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available.
This 6-hour HART Competent Equipment Inspector Training course is designed for those individuals who will be responsible for inspection and documentation of all Fall Protection equipment on either a jobsite, department, or organization, whether Construction (OSHA 1926), General Industry (OSHA 1910), Maritime (OSHA 1915, 18) or other regulations. This training is useful for environments that have repair centers or “tool rooms” that issue the equipment to projects or personnel, or the Competent Person looking to fine tune their inspection knowledge and techniques.
The course will include lecture, video, demonstration, and practical application exercises in regard to each type of Fall Protection equipment. It focuses on understanding the requirements, frequency, and significance of the proper inspection and documentation of Fall Protection equipment to ensure both worker safety and regulatory compliance.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI Z490.1), and the requirements of ANSI Z359 and ANSI A10.32.
- OSHA, ANSI, manufacturer, and all applicable regulations regarding the proper inspection, care, maintenance, storage and documentation of fall protection equipment.
- Equipment selection, evaluation, and use.
- Determining frequency intervals.
- Pass and fail criteria.
- Theory and knowledge verification
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate at a competent level:
- Understanding of the applicable OSHA and other Fall Protection regulations and inspection requirements.
- Proper inspection techniques and documentation of Fall Protection equipment.
- The ability to make an educated decision as to the equipment’s passage or failure.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to perform documented inspections.
Participants will receive:
- Competent Equipment Inspector wall certificate and photo wallet card.
- Extensive Fall Protection inspection knowledge and understanding.
- Individual Fall Protection Equipment Inspector workbook.
- Direct support from the HART training team and PSG.