Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available.
This 1-day HART Rescue Training course is designed for those individuals responsible for writing or monitoring a fall protection plan, or is an on-site Authorized Rescuer or Competent Rescuer as defined by OSHA, ANSI, EM385 and others. The ability to perform a “PROMPT” rescue in a fall arrest event is not only a legal requirement, but a best practice for anyone that works at heights, regardless of industry.
This course utilizes some classroom instruction, but the majority of the curriculum is hands-on use and rigging of the equipment in various “fallen victim” scenarios.
This course meets the Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training (ANSI Z490.1), and the requirements of OSHA, ANSI Z359, A10.32, and EM385.
- Identification of hazards for the rescuer, as well as protection methods.
- OSHA, ANSI, manufacturer, and all applicable regulations regarding rescue and rescue equipment.
- Development of written rescue plans and ability to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Proper inspection, care, maintenance, storage, and documentation of rescue equipment.
- Techniques in receiving the victim after the rescue.
- Rescue anchorage requirements.
- Roles and responsibilities of rescuers.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate a proficiency in:
- Understanding the applicable OSHA Fall Protection regulations.
- Proper inspection and documentation of the equipment.
- Knowledge necessary to fill the role of Rescuer.
- Proper anchor selection.
- Writing a rescue plan/procedure.
- The physical ability to perform a rescue.
Participants will receive:
- Fall Protection Rescue course completion wall certificate, photo wallet card, and hard hat sticker.
- Extensive Fall Protection Rescue knowledge and understanding.
- Individual Fall Protection workbook and student materials.
- Direct support from the HART training team and PSG.
To register online, choose an available date under "Upcoming Classes" on this page.
You will be billed later, once your registration is confirmed.
To schedule a private class for your organization, or for any other training questions, contact our Training Department.