Note: Applicable taxes extra. Private/onsite classes available.
OSHA regulations define the term Authorized person as “an employee who the employer assigns to perform a specific type of duty, or allows in a specific location or area.” Most recently, OSHA regulations (1910) have specified that by May 17, 2017: Before any employee is exposed to a fall hazard, the employer must provide training for each employee who uses personal fall protection systems or who is required to be trained as specified elsewhere in this subpart.
This 4-hour Guardian Authorized Person Training course is designed for those individuals who are working directly where and when fall hazards are present and are required to use fall protection systems, equipment, or devices.
All students will participate in classroom, hands-on instruction, and student-performed exercises that will cover:
- Fall Hazard identification.
- OSHA rules of when Fall Protection is required.
- Equipment inspection criteria and technique.
- Proper donning of fall protection equipment.
- Proper inspection, care, maintenance, and storage of Fall Protection equipment.
- Fall Restraint vs. Fall Arrest criteria.
- Fall Protection in regard to aerial lifts and ladders.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- The fundamentals of the ABC’s of Fall Protection.
- The requirements for using Fall Protection.
- Fall Protection equipment selection.
- Proper inspection, care, and storage of Fall Protection equipment.
Participants will receive:
- Fall Protection wallet card and hard hat sticker.
- Better understanding and identification of fall hazards.
To register online, choose an available date under "Upcoming Courses" on this page.
You will be billed later, once your registration is confirmed.
To schedule a private class for your organization, or for any other training questions, contact our Training Department.