Safety Advisory: Best Practices for Cleaning Fall Protection Equipment
In response to the current worldwide health situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we would like to take this opportunity to offer the following best practices for cleaning your fall protection equipment.
- The primary method of cleaning any piece of fall protection equipment can be found in the product instructions. First, remove all contaminants or build-up (dirt, paints, etc.), then fully clean the entire product with a solution of plain water and mild soap (for example common liquid dish detergent). The use of warm water is permitted, but should never exceed temperatures of 130°F (54° C). Allow product to fully dry in a well-ventilated location. Do not machine dry under any circumstances. Never use aggressive cleaners such as naphtha, turpentine, acetone, or other similar products.
- Never use sanitizing liquids, gels, or other substances. These include, but are not limited to: bleach, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or other products with sanitizing or disinfecting claims. The effect of these substances on equipment has not been evaluated by Pure Safety Group and may compromise material integrity.
- When possible, do not share fall protection equipment. If sharing equipment is unavoidable, clean equipment using the guidelines above before transferring equipment to another user.
- Follow current guidelines provided by the CDC/WHO regarding hand washing and social distancing. Wash hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, or if soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content. Maintain adequate space between workers (approx. 6 ft/2m) when possible to minimize virus transmission.
- For more information on protecting yourself from COVID-19, refer to the following links:
We recognize the COVID-19 pandemic represents an unprecedented global crisis and we are here to support you in any way we can. If you have further questions regarding equipment maintenance or cleaning, please contact us at:
Safety Advisory: Diablo Big Block SRL Recall Notice
Safety Advisory: Stainless Steel & Web SRL-LE Recall Notice